One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact that a country possesses and has the ability to deploy nuclear weapons.‘these countries may then feel compelled to develop a nuclear capability’
- ‘The country's nuclear capabilities remain a cause for concern.’
- ‘The availability of a nuclear capability has altered the nature of war in the region.’
- ‘They had not acquired a nuclear capability, but they were close to developing one.’
- ‘The artillery now had a nuclear capability.’
- ‘He asserted on innumerable occasions that their nuclear capability was in the secure hands of the military.’
- ‘Both sides possessed increasing nuclear capabilities.’
- ‘They cannot be allowed to hold the entire country ransom simply because they have acquired nuclear capability.’
- ‘They are actively modernizing both their nuclear capabilities and ballistic missiles.’
- ‘Their war-time alliance collapsed within three years and each embarked on a programme of rearmament with nuclear capability.’
- ‘Even after both countries revealed their nuclear capabilities to the world, there were exchanges of gunfire and artillery across the disputed border.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.