One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact that a country possesses and has the ability to deploy nuclear weapons.‘these countries may then feel compelled to develop a nuclear capability’
- ‘The artillery now had a nuclear capability.’
- ‘Even after both countries revealed their nuclear capabilities to the world, there were exchanges of gunfire and artillery across the disputed border.’
- ‘The country's nuclear capabilities remain a cause for concern.’
- ‘They cannot be allowed to hold the entire country ransom simply because they have acquired nuclear capability.’
- ‘The availability of a nuclear capability has altered the nature of war in the region.’
- ‘They had not acquired a nuclear capability, but they were close to developing one.’
- ‘They are actively modernizing both their nuclear capabilities and ballistic missiles.’
- ‘He asserted on innumerable occasions that their nuclear capability was in the secure hands of the military.’
- ‘Both sides possessed increasing nuclear capabilities.’
- ‘Their war-time alliance collapsed within three years and each embarked on a programme of rearmament with nuclear capability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.