One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Most of the wheat consumed by humans is processed from white flour, which is produced by milling to remove the germ and bran (pericarp, testa, nucellar layer, and aleurone layer).’
- ‘Such grains frequently had a portion of the pollen tube outside the nucellar tissue so that the grains were held at an angle some distance from the nucellus.’
- ‘A nucellar dome has been formed in the massive nucellar cap and the integument has overgrown the nucellus and formed a wide-open micropyle.’
- ‘Under these conditions, given that nutrients move along the post-sieve element pathway by diffusion, turgor alterations in the nucellar projection transfer cells will not influence pressures in the crease phloem.’
- ‘Just inside the seed coat, several layers of nucellar cells are observed that vary in shape and size, and surround the embryo sac.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.