One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cowhide leather that has been rubbed on the outer side of the hide to give it a feel like that of suede.
- ‘If you love long day treks on rough terrain, you'll like the Woodland's carbon-rubber Vibram sole, full-grain Nubuck leather upper, and steel shank - a group of features you don't expect at this price.’
- ‘Yet, despite its leather origins, the Nubuck is waterproof for those arduous fall walks in the falling rain - or for chasing down your retriever in a downpour.’
- ‘He wore brown shoes, cream trousers with a black belt, a cream T-shirt, a brown Nubuck leather jacket, a brown baseball cap and round-framed glasses.’
- ‘Other features include Thinsulate Ultra insulation, a stainless-steel shank for rearfoot support, and a 2mm, waterproof, Nubuck leather upper.’
- ‘The cream leather seats, with chocolate faux ponyskin box stools, sit perfectly with the chocolate Nubuck two-seater divans.’
Early 20th century: origin obscure, perhaps a respelling of new + buck.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.