One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A weed which is considered to be harmful to the environment or animals, especially one which may be the subject of regulations governing attempts to control it.‘a trial of remote-controlled helicopter technology in the fight against noxious weeds, mosquitoes, and other pests’as modifier ‘most states have their own noxious weed laws’
- ‘Many states require the control of noxious weeds because of their harmful impact on recreational areas and farmland.’
- ‘‘This perennial garden plant has become a noxious weed and is spreading rapidly throughout North America,’ says Farr.’
- ‘Do not compost meat scraps, dead animals, pet manure, diseased plant material, or noxious weeds.’
- ‘A project that removes noxious weeds, re-plants vegetation and stops soil erosion in an ecologically sensitive area of Alberta is going ahead for the second year.’
- ‘The formation of buds on roots enables the propagation of plants by root cuttings and is an important means of spreading noxious weeds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.