Oxides of nitrogen, especially as atmospheric pollutants.‘targets to reduce NOx’as modifier ‘NOx emissions’
- ‘Pacific Northwest National Laboratory researchers have developed a new cost effective and energy efficient method for reducing oxides of nitrogen, or NOx, in diesel engine emissions.’
- ‘The system incorporates a catalyst to reduce NOx emissions as well as a particulate filter.’
- ‘They also emit nitrogen oxides, or NOx, a key component of smog.’
- ‘As my passengers speak knowingly about performance features and NOx traps (nitrogen oxides are a nasty component of most fuel exhaust), I am fixated on the hydrogen sensors.’
- ‘The harmful effects of NOx and carbon dioxide have not been calculated, but are probably lower than either SO2 or ozone.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.