One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In spite of the crispness and perpetually constructed nowness of data that that appears on screen with each electrical pulse, no matter when it was written, faithfully reconstructed images of the past now fade with their familiarity.’
- ‘Several wise minds weighed in with their own interpretations of nowness and nature, and, to heighten the moment, the instructor read aloud from the preface to Walt Whitman's Leaves of Grass.’
- ‘Santayana offered another metaphor: ‘The essence of nowness runs like fire along the fuse of time.’’
- ‘The nowness of everything is absolutely wondrous.’
- ‘Newness and nowness lends successful Pop a temporary sheen that is quickly tarnished.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.