One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This haunting work, though notionally concerned with attempts at intrusive human settlement on Mars, is pervaded by a sense of solitude and loss, particularly with regard to the fragile and doomed Martians.’
- ‘To the modern eye, it looks like a fairy-tale notionally transferred to a modern setting, based on a simple narrative system of dualities: good and bad, country and city, sweet blonde wife and wicked brunette mistress.’
- ‘It is essential here to emphasise that commissions are not simply paid by product providers to those giving advice; notionally, they are funded out of the product the customer is saving into or paying for.’
- ‘We were led to believe that these difficult bits of gear were prescribed because - even though we were about to join an armoured division - ours was notionally a mounted unit.’
- ‘Some Labor figures dismiss this poll, questioning its methodology, and especially doubting if the preferences would fall the way Newspoll has notionally distributed them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.