One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a way that is easily seen or noticed; clearly.‘Chris was noticeably absent from this year's meeting’‘after surgery she deteriorated noticeably’
- ‘Some had been vacant for several years, so the buildings had deteriorated noticeably.’
- ‘The various types of sugar differ noticeably in the extent to which they caramelize.’
- ‘Traffic on the motorway slowed noticeably.’
- ‘The quality of life is noticeably better.’
- ‘The inside is noticeably larger than the outside.’
- ‘Our business in the United States has declined noticeably in the last few weeks.’
- ‘Even the drivers seem subdued and the blaring horns are noticeably absent.’
- ‘We were now very high and the air was now noticeably thinner.’
- ‘London is noticeably quieter in August.’
- ‘Participants in the competition have not done noticeably better.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.