One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to emphasize how great or extreme something is.‘it was nothing less than sexual harassment’
- ‘Farmers should not sell their maize to briefcase buyers who aim at nothing less than just exploiting them.’
- ‘At stake will be nothing less than the future of the finest natural boxing talent to come out of the east of Scotland since Ken Buchanan.’
- ‘He is asking us to do nothing less than to take on his characteristics and become like him.’
- ‘When politicians distort the truth in relation to medical issues it is nothing less than shameful.’
- ‘My aim is nothing less than to make sure that no patient is left behind.’
- ‘The man who speaks for these corporations aims for nothing less than to change the world.’
- ‘It is nothing less than to attempt the moral regeneration of British public life.’
- ‘He had been nothing less than a good father and a good husband.’
- ‘Over the past decade we have seen nothing less than a revolution in the self-referential nature of Scottish art.’
- ‘The Parmesan tart was nothing less than truly gorgeous; she had chosen wisely again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.