One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a side or batsman) having begun an innings and not been dismissed.‘Hussain scored 89 not out as Essex won by three wickets’
- ‘Five sixes and ten fours flowed from his bat as he made 122 not out in his side's 237 for seven.’
- ‘The former Nottinghamshire batsman hit 134 not out as Wimbledon won by six wickets.’
- ‘This match was the occasion when J.R. covered himself with glory by scoring eighty-six runs, not out.’
- ‘This summer he scored 99 not out against England in the fourth Test at Headingley.’
- ‘He then struck a rapid 37 not out to see his side to a seven wicket win in the 48th over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.