One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a side or batsman) having begun an innings and not been dismissed.‘Hussain scored 89 not out as Essex won by three wickets’
- ‘This summer he scored 99 not out against England in the fourth Test at Headingley.’
- ‘The former Nottinghamshire batsman hit 134 not out as Wimbledon won by six wickets.’
- ‘This match was the occasion when J.R. covered himself with glory by scoring eighty-six runs, not out.’
- ‘He then struck a rapid 37 not out to see his side to a seven wicket win in the 48th over.’
- ‘Five sixes and ten fours flowed from his bat as he made 122 not out in his side's 237 for seven.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.