One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not delay in acting or taking an opportunity.
- ‘The Tidy Towns season is upon us, so don't let the grass grow under your feet.’
- ‘The editor said: ‘Grans don't let the grass grow under their feet.’
- ‘She still doesn't let the grass grow under her feet. She still drives, she travels by herself, she still tries to take care of everyone.’
- ‘Want to promote your business? Don't let the grass grow under your feet.’
- ‘Catherine proved that she doesn't let the grass grow under her feet as she won the Northern Women's Championship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.