One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to convey that someone has an easy life without realizing how easy it is.‘you lot without families don't know you're born’
- ‘Folks these days don't know they're born.’
- ‘What I want to say to him is that he doesn't know he's born—he works 10mins drive from where he works and doesn't start til 9:30.’
- ‘He doesn't know he's born!’
- ‘The original poster should wake up and realise that he doesn't know he's born.’
- ‘So yes, on the whole, he doesn't know he's born and is in for the shock of his life when the baby comes.’
- ‘She doesn't know she's born; she must live on air, that girl.’
- ‘What a softie—he doesn't know he's born!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.