One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not at all.‘he didn't mind in the slightest’
by no means, by no manner of means, not at all, in no way, not in the least, not in the slightest, not the least bit, certainly not, absolutely not, definitely not, on no account, under no circumstancesView synonyms
- ‘That wouldn't do any good right here and now - not in the slightest.’
- ‘It certainly didn't feel okay, not in the slightest.’
- ‘‘Absolutely not in the slightest,’ says Bowdler.’
- ‘It wasn't that he despised her - not in the slightest.’
- ‘What happened in Darwen proves that is not the case, not in the slightest.’
- ‘He really wasn't special, not in the slightest.’
- ‘Unfortunately, we weren't lucky, not in the slightest.’
- ‘This didn't make Jonah feel better, not in the slightest.’
- ‘‘No mate, not in the slightest, truly,’ explains Paul.’
- ‘I went to a therapist a good few years ago, once a week for around six weeks, and found her not in the slightest way mad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.