One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(at the end of a list) and also —‘there are wild goats and deer, not forgetting the famous Lundy ponies’
- ‘We now have two home games in the next two weeks, which means points must be gained properly from good quality cricket, batting, bowling and not forgetting fielding.’
- ‘Guests travelled from Ireland, Wales, Kent, London and San Lucia, not forgetting some long standing friends in Monserret.’
- ‘Scottish Friends of Palestine, one of the organisers of the protest against the event, is proud to have Jewish founding members, not forgetting existing members.’
- ‘Since then his life has been hectic, after adjusting to the climate, the culture and not forgetting the old enemy, the mosquito, a fellow that shows no mercy.’
- ‘The Trust has a range of other projects in the pipeline, large and small, that will benefit all sectors of the community, not forgetting the older members who are so often overlooked.’
- ‘The designers seek inspiration from the 1940s and the 1960s, not forgetting the 1980s revival.’
- ‘The heat and not forgetting the stress was mounting upon Sarah and it was beginning to show…’
- ‘An example of this is the school celebrating religious festivals such as the Hindu Diwali and the Muslim Eid, not forgetting Christmas.’
- ‘You're taught about everything from nutrition, rice cooking, and knife skills, to the many varieties of sushi - not forgetting presentation.’
- ‘It would help considerably if parents ensure that the owners name appears somewhere on all items of clothing, not forgetting footballs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.