One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For a very good reason.‘not for nothing have I a brother-in-law who cooks professionally’
- ‘And, not for nothing, Deadwood's got the most complex characters on television.’
- ‘But an architect's seven-year training is not for nothing.’
- ‘It was not for nothing that the area was declared a top security zone by the Nazis during the Second World War.’
- ‘After all, their heavy investment was not for nothing.’
- ‘It's not for nothing that this author published a dissertation on another poet of private systems, William Blake.’
- ‘But it's not for nothing that I carry a too-large belly too.’
- ‘It's not for nothing that the studio is painted silver.’
- ‘It's not for nothing that they call our heritage Judeo-Christian.’
- ‘It was not for nothing that Goethe's house in East German Weimar was lovingly preserved.’
- ‘It is not for nothing that we are called the Festival City.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.