One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not have the slightest concern about.‘you don't care a straw what I think’
- ‘But the King did not care a straw whether the sweet young woman he intended to marry spoke or not.’
- ‘She does not care a straw where she is or what is to become of her.’
- ‘He reacts irritably to every word that has the faintest suggestion of criticism, while he himself does not care a straw for his own moral code if his actions happen to run counter to its statutes.’
- ‘He was wrong in supposing that he did not care a straw who should have bought the old place.’
- ‘If you do not know in the same way that I know this is the Work of God, I would not give a straw for your religion.’
- ‘It needs other people to do the job: futurists which do not care a straw about media hacks, but do care about their place in history.’
- ‘If annihilation is to follow death I shall not be aware of the annihilation, and therefore shall not care a straw about it.’
- ‘It reads, ‘I do not care a straw whether To-day is spelled with a hyphen or without.’’
- ‘They did not care two straws whether man was descended from the ape or not.’
- ‘At moments it seemed to him he did not care a straw whether Ursula or Hermione or anybody else existed or did not exist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.