One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Annoyed or irritated.‘the government-backed organizations were not best pleased by the criticism’
irritated, cross, angry, vexed, exasperated, irked, piqued, displeased, put out, fed up, disgruntled, in a bad mood, in a temper, testy, in high dudgeon, huffy, in a huff, resentful, aggrievedView synonyms
- ‘Downing Street was not best pleased with her, for some reason.’
- ‘Some religious leaders aren't best pleased either, having lost half their congregations to the new upstart.’
- ‘To say the least I was not best pleased at his article.’
- ‘The real Board of Deputies are not best pleased.’
- ‘For some hitherto unknown reason, Emilia was not best pleased.’
- ‘Unfortunately, the cities' administrators are not best pleased.’
- ‘I'm not best pleased with the main external event of the day.’
- ‘Dick Advocaat's limited post-match observations on his back-up goalkeeper's problems suggest the manager is not best pleased with him.’
- ‘Warner Music, which financed the project, is not best pleased.’
- ‘I'm not best pleased with being British today.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.