One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Fairly good.‘she discovered he wasn't so bad after all’
all right, quite good, good, adequate, acceptable, good enough, reasonable, fair, decent, average, tolerable, passable, middling, moderate, sufficiently good, fineView synonyms
- ‘They offer a good range of vegetarian food, the prices are not bad, and they give lovely big portions.’
- ‘He's actually not bad… which reminds me, I take it you've seen this excellent ad now.’
- ‘It is not so bad if I space out my work, family and other commitments.’
- ‘But after a few trips to the toilet and some painkillers it's not so bad.’
- ‘I left the chillies out from the original recipe and the result was a little uninspiring, but not bad for a first attempt.’
- ‘That's not so bad for a first show, but we hoped for bigger walkup.’
- ‘There's still a mad scramble the night before, but it's not so bad.’
- ‘I hope you had better weather for them than the kind we are having now-a-days, but it is not so bad here considering it is winter.’
- ‘This was not so bad as the grill was on on quite low.’
- ‘The replacement sounds I have are not bad; in fact, they are good in their own right.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.