One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'm certainly no nostalgist, but it is, on occasion, important to lay aside the cynicism and really try to understand how we got from there to here.’
- ‘Standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the snobs at the barricades are the nostalgists for Old New York.’
- ‘People had many names for Dom, often hard ones: nostalgist; dreamer; alien.’
- ‘They are not anti-imperialists so much as nostalgists for imperialism.’
- ‘While nostalgists browse through the museum's remarkable collection of cricketing memorabilia, kids can play interactive cricket on computer screens in a children's room.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.