One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of medical science dealing with the classification of diseases.
- ‘This statement, which appears in the August 2000 issue of Pediatrics, updates a previous AAP statement and reflects the current thinking about alcohol exposure in utero and the revised nosology.’
- ‘Psychopathology and psychiatric nosology became the legitimate framework for these interventions.’
- ‘During the 17th century, Thomas Sydenham founded the discipline of nosology by insisting that diseases had their own natural history and could be described and classified on the basis of their specific characteristics.’
- ‘Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumor, also referred to as inflammatory fibrosarcoma, is a rare tumor composed of myofibroblastic spindle cells of uncertain etiology and disputed nosology.’
- ‘The members of the international academic community who serve on expert panels that define and develop diagnostic criteria and stage pulmonary diseases need to agree on a set of rules that will govern nosology.’
Early 18th century: from Greek nosos ‘disease’ + -logy.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.