One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A stud worn in a person's nose as a piece of jewellery.‘Ellie's nose stud is not very visible’
- ‘Should she be forced to quit her job because she has a discreet nose stud?’
- ‘She said the man had a nose stud and ring, a pierced eyebrow and a scar on one side of his neck.’
- ‘I was startled and I managed to slip and knock the nose stud out of my nose.’
- ‘I was so angry when they told me if I didn't take my nose stud out I'd be sacked.’
- ‘She was last seen early on Saturday, dressed in a gray coat and green cardigan, wearing a nose stud and carrying a black purse.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.