Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An operation involving rhinoplasty or cosmetic surgery on a person's nose.‘a blonde with a decent nose job’‘since I was 12, I wanted a nose job’
- ‘The vouchers ranging from £50 to £1,000 can be used for anything from breast implants to a nose job.’
- ‘Men are most likely to want a nose job or a mini facelift.’
- ‘Making a change was so important to him that, while working as an assistant manager at McDonald's when he was 19, he took out a $6,000 loan for a nose job.’
- ‘Well, look at it this way, you might be able to get a nose job out of this.’
- ‘There were 362 men who had a nose job while 295 had ear pinning, 280 had eyelid surgery, 130 had liposuction, and 93 a face or neck lift.’
- ‘She found a plastic surgeon and got a nose job, an ear pin, and breast implants.’
- ‘When I asked my 13-year-old what she wanted for her 18th birthday she said a nose job and liposuction.’
- ‘A 17-year-old girl has been given a nose job as an early Christmas present from her mother.’
- ‘In Thailand, cosmetic surgery is so common - and affordable - that there are surgery clinics conveniently based in malls, where shoppers can walk up to request anything from a chemical peel to a nose job.’
- ‘While I was there I plucked up the courage to ask about a nose job.’
- ‘After a nose job and some in-depth work on the Curriculum, she left as a gorgeous, confident woman who finally feels good about her decision to be a stay-at-home mom’
- ‘The first choice for men was a nose job, followed by eyelid surgery and liposuction.’
- ‘She knew that Joanna had a nose job and implants.’
- ‘He had some sort of plastic surgery and had a nose job.’
- ‘Now she will not only have her face, nose and lips fixed, but get her boyfriend to come along for a nose job, double eye-lids and eye wrinkles reduction.’
- ‘Her surgery included a nose job, brow lift and chin implant.’
- ‘They do a brow lift, the face-lift, the nose job, a lip augmentation, a chin implant, breast augmentation, liposuction all at the same time.’
- ‘Gradually, as he spends more time with Evelyn, Adam begins to change - he loses weight, turns in his glasses in favor of contacts, gets a haircut, starts wearing hip clothing, and agrees to a nose job.’
- ‘‘Maybe I should have had a nose job a long time ago,’ she said.’
- ‘By the end you could find yourself performing brain surgery one moment, a nose job the next!’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.