One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for nose tackle
- ‘Joe Klecko, one of the members of the New York Sack Exchange of the 1980s, was the first NFL player named to the Pro Bowl at three positions: defensive end, tackle, and nose guard.’
- ‘In the Cowboys' 4-3 scheme, one defensive tackle plays on the center like a nose guard.’
- ‘He can play anywhere on the line, from nose guard to end.’
- ‘A 3-4 defense won't necessarily ask McNeil to be a pass rusher, and having less-than-ideal height isn't too detrimental for a good nose guard as long as he can command a double team.’
- ‘If all goes according to plan, they would play third-year DE Adalius Thomas and Peter Boulware at outside linebacker and start Lional Dalton at nose guard, with Larry Webster at tackle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.