One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A musical instrument of the flute type played by blowing through the nose rather than the mouth, associated especially with SE Asia and the Pacific islands.
- ‘The nose flute, an instrument from ancient times, made a return at the end of the twentieth century.’
- ‘The Internet has transformed holiday shopping, allowing you to order an out-of-print book for Mom or a Hawaiian nose flute for Dad without ever leaving your driveway.’
- ‘Among the traditional instruments a special kind of nose flute attracted much attention.’
- ‘The shell trumpet and the nose flute are the most common instruments in the region.’
- ‘Gone are the days when world music meant nose flutes and thumb pianos.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.