Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A musical instrument of the flute type played by blowing through the nose rather than the mouth, associated especially with SE Asia and the Pacific islands.
- ‘The Internet has transformed holiday shopping, allowing you to order an out-of-print book for Mom or a Hawaiian nose flute for Dad without ever leaving your driveway.’
- ‘Gone are the days when world music meant nose flutes and thumb pianos.’
- ‘The shell trumpet and the nose flute are the most common instruments in the region.’
- ‘The nose flute, an instrument from ancient times, made a return at the end of the twentieth century.’
- ‘Among the traditional instruments a special kind of nose flute attracted much attention.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.