One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A musical instrument of the flute type played by blowing through the nose rather than the mouth, associated especially with SE Asia and the Pacific islands.
- ‘The Internet has transformed holiday shopping, allowing you to order an out-of-print book for Mom or a Hawaiian nose flute for Dad without ever leaving your driveway.’
- ‘Gone are the days when world music meant nose flutes and thumb pianos.’
- ‘The nose flute, an instrument from ancient times, made a return at the end of the twentieth century.’
- ‘Among the traditional instruments a special kind of nose flute attracted much attention.’
- ‘The shell trumpet and the nose flute are the most common instruments in the region.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.