One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
pocket handkerchiefView synonyms
- ‘If you find a nose-wiper, 'specially if it happens to be a silk one, why, you know what then?’
- ‘Each of the other men in the council circle received one of those nose wipers, a knife, and a piece of tobacco to smoke.’
- ‘Among the latter people, we have seen a large supply of paper nose-wipers.’
- ‘I say, chummy, seems as if a nose wiper has fallen overboard and she's stopped to pick it up.’
- ‘Instead of suits, you'll wear a spit-up cloth and a nose wiper, if you're fortunate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.