One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small thickset terrier of a breed with a rough red or black-and-tan coat and pricked ears.
- ‘Because of the small population of Norwich terriers, most of them are left entire and bitches are rarely sold to pet homes these days.’
- ‘On Tuesday I met Romy for lunch, another delightful rendezvous, the better to talk of Norwich terriers and what we've been reading.’
- ‘Contest judges give the nod to Winky the Norwich terrier after Eugene Levy keeps him on a short leash in ‘Best in Show’.’
- ‘We spent this morning visiting Louis, Millie's litter brother, who lives with Spencer, a nine-year old Norwich terrier and their human family.’
- ‘With half of 750 square metres I have more than enough room to keep around five Norwich terriers, in my opinion, but not if I have to create a kennel and exercise section within a section.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.