One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for brown rat
- ‘The threats posed by some species are obvious; for example, Norway rats are decimating seabird colonies on islands in Alaska where mammalian predators were naturally absent.’
- ‘Today, Norway rats (aka brown rats) can be found on every continent of the world except Antarctica.’
- ‘Such a rapid expansion of range is unprecedented for a native vertebrate (though invaders from Europe, such as the house sparrow and the Norway rat, have managed similar feats).’
- ‘Invasive rodents, such as the Norway rat, are known to cause major disruptions to isolated ecosystems.’
- ‘Although Alcatraz has no feral cats, which would be a major threat to the nesting birds, Norway rats were seen recently for the first time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.