One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Eurasian maple with yellow flowers that appear before the lobed leaves, widely planted as an ornamental.
- ‘Like buckthorn, the Norway maple's dense canopy withholds light from shorter plants.’
- ‘They're adding diverse new water plants and replacing the exotic Norway maples and other trees the founders imported with thousands of native plants, such as red, white, and pin oaks.’
- ‘Eastern grey squirrels scurry up the Norway maple shading my bedroom window.’
- ‘Dense shade can also occur under trees with dense foliage such as Norway maples and some conifers.’
- ‘On my estate there are numerous Norway maples, cousins of our very own sycamore, and I for one would not care too much if this variety of forest tree were totally eradicated from my area.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.