One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated furthest to the north.‘the northernmost island of the Philippines’
- ‘Set on a hilltop, it is the northernmost of the the four churches in the parish.’
- ‘Four miles away is the northernmost house on the island.’
- ‘This is a medieval walled village, with a fortress towards its northernmost point.’
- ‘In addition to being the largest, the Russian Federation is one of the world's northernmost countries.’
- ‘Wolverines once ranged across the northernmost tier of the United States.’
- ‘I soon reached the northernmost point of the park and started cycling westwards again.’
- ‘The plan is to close the northernmost of the two entrances to the gardens.’
- ‘Hokkaido is Japan's northernmost main island.’
- ‘This region was the northernmost hunting and fishing grounds of the Netley Creek people.’
- ‘The northernmost point of the British mainland is Dunnet Head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.