One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated furthest to the north.‘the northernmost island of the Philippines’
- ‘Set on a hilltop, it is the northernmost of the the four churches in the parish.’
- ‘This region was the northernmost hunting and fishing grounds of the Netley Creek people.’
- ‘This is a medieval walled village, with a fortress towards its northernmost point.’
- ‘Wolverines once ranged across the northernmost tier of the United States.’
- ‘Four miles away is the northernmost house on the island.’
- ‘The plan is to close the northernmost of the two entrances to the gardens.’
- ‘Hokkaido is Japan's northernmost main island.’
- ‘I soon reached the northernmost point of the park and started cycling westwards again.’
- ‘The northernmost point of the British mainland is Dunnet Head.’
- ‘In addition to being the largest, the Russian Federation is one of the world's northernmost countries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.