One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adaptation of the Southern blot procedure used to detect specific sequences of RNA by hybridization with complementary DNA.
- ‘We and others have previously shown that CHO cells do not express detectable amounts of endogenous RyRs when assayed by Western blots, Northern blots, or ryanodine binding.’
- ‘Equal RNA loading was monitored on the agarose gel under UV light or by hybridizing the Northern blot with a radiolabelled 28 S ribosomal RNA cDNA fragment isolated from Nicotiana tabacum cv.’
- ‘Standard techniques were used for DNA cloning, restriction enzyme digestion, Southern and Northern blot analysis, and DNA sequencing.’
- ‘Southern and Northern blots contained nucleic acids from 10 million P. carinii per lane.’
- ‘In this case a major band was detected on Northern blots using either a P-derived probe or a cDNA probe, which corresponds to misexpression of the major unspliced RNA.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.