One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of North Korea or its people.‘the North Korean leader’
- ‘We walked around and soon realised that everything was priced in Euros as well as the North Korean won.’
- ‘The documentary charted the fortunes of the North Korean World Cup team of 1966.’
- ‘The North Korean conductor will give a Tokyo concert in June.’
- ‘I saw the North Korean Girls National Ice Hockey team jogging outside the national ice rink.’
- ‘Some 500 women in traditional dress were on hand to welcome the delegation with smiles and flowers as a brass band played the EU and North Korean anthems.’
A native or inhabitant of North Korea.‘North Koreans place flowers before the statues’
- ‘She beat a North Korean 16–10 to win her title.’
- ‘He took me to a doctor, a North Korean and a classmate of his at Medical College.’
- ‘The table tennis ace from Singapore lost her finals match to a North Korean.’
- ‘As soon as he stepped off his plane, the North Korean became an instant star.’
- ‘The North Korean, dressed in a cranberry-colored flannel shirt and corduroy trousers, described himself as a businessman.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.