One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Northern Ireland.‘she's coming over from Norn Iron to Scotland’
- ‘When I flew last year we went over the Isle of Man and Norn Iron, so it isn't just Florida flights that go the same way.’
- ‘Clamping is not something the car-happy people of Norn Iron will take lying down.’
- ‘The finest bread comes from Norn Iron, and don't believe anything else you hear!’
- ‘This is also one of the most beautifully realized movies to emerge from Norn Iron.’
- ‘I come from Norn Iron but I left for pastures new nearly 15 years ago.’
Northern Irish.‘a distinctly Norn Iron accent’
- ‘Last year's winner didn't even turn up for the ceremony so at least our Norn Iron chum and Swiss-based hero have had the grace to attend.’
- ‘Web shoppers can now browse the webpage using Norn Iron speak.’
- ‘Last night those 15,000 Norn Iron souls made more noise than I've ever heard before from such a crowd.’
- ‘We're so proud of him and his Norn Iron team-mates.’
- ‘In a UK-wide survey conducted in time for Valentine's Day, 17% of those surveyed had a wee thing for the dulcet tones of the Norn Iron natives.’
1980s: representing a pronunciation of Northern Ireland.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.