One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of dressing that involves the deliberate choice of unremarkable or unfashionable casual clothes.‘normcore is an especially tricky style to master because it's so, well, bland’as modifier ‘perhaps the most essential piece of the normcore look is the ubiquitous white sneaker’
- ‘Loose-fitting jeans and sneakers: the perfect normcore outfit.’
- ‘Normcore continued to metastasize beyond fashion circles.’
- ‘Is normcore actually about blending in and rejecting fashion?’
- ‘He was normcore before there was normcore, wearing no name brands in Beverly Hills.’
- ‘What hipster doesn't love vintage 90s normcore?’
- ‘This outfit isn't normcore as defined by the fashion industry.’
- ‘The idea of normcore is to defy teenage rebellion and dress to blend in.’
- ‘Yet another runway example of the normcore moment?’
- ‘So while normcore may be in its ascendancy here in the States, Tokyo street style is still full-on maximalist.’
- ‘Embracing normcore is all about dressing comfortably and effortlessly.’
Early 21st century: from normal + -core.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.