One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lawyers are too seldom encouraged to think normatively about what law should be, or to engage in the historic philosophical debate that surrounds our own discipline.’
- ‘Finally, ours is an observational and descriptive study; as such, we cannot say whether, in any substantial sense, the patterns we observe are normatively the ‘right’ ones.’
- ‘As this process occurs, it seems that an apathetic political atmosphere becomes further reinforced and correspondingly apathetic behavior becomes institutionalized as normatively correct.’
- ‘For example, a court may believe that a doctrine is not normatively justified and yet may not be confident that its belief is correct.’
- ‘However, on a theoretical level, the overall impact of the book is under-developed, inconsistent, normatively ambiguous, and politically non-committed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.