One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of being normal; the state of being usual, typical, or expected.‘the office gradually returned to a semblance of normality’
sanity, soundness of mind, mental health, balance, lucidity, reason, rationalityView synonyms
- ‘Perhaps some kind of semblance of normality can now return.’
- ‘The election is viewed as a first step toward its return to stability, normalcy and democracy, according to the officials.’
- ‘There can be periods of high political tension but then normalcy returns.’
- ‘Farmers too want a return to normality in the countryside because many of us are also very dependent on tourism for a large part of our income.’
- ‘Yesterday Yorkshire flood victims still struggling to return to normality welcomed the move, but said it was too late.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.