One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The condition of being normal; the state of being usual, typical, or expected.‘the office gradually returned to a semblance of normality’
sanity, soundness of mind, mental health, balance, lucidity, reason, rationalitya normal state of affairs, business as usual, the daily round, routine, a normal pattern, order, regularityView synonyms
- ‘The election is viewed as a first step toward its return to stability, normalcy and democracy, according to the officials.’
- ‘Yesterday Yorkshire flood victims still struggling to return to normality welcomed the move, but said it was too late.’
- ‘Farmers too want a return to normality in the countryside because many of us are also very dependent on tourism for a large part of our income.’
- ‘Perhaps some kind of semblance of normality can now return.’
- ‘There can be periods of high political tension but then normalcy returns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.