One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially in North America and France) a school or college for the training of teachers.
- ‘Soon thereafter women at Wellesley, Vassar, Radcliffe, and other women's colleges and normal schools in the Northeast had taken up the sport.’
- ‘In many states the old normal schools were transformed into a state college system after World War II.’
- ‘Spain's official educational system comprised primary and secondary schools, both public and private, the university and special vocational and normal schools.’
- ‘Many of these institutions began as normal schools and many continue to have teacher training programs.’
- ‘She graduated from a normal school in Mexico, but she taught only a year before immigrating to Texas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.