Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A function that represents the distribution of many random variables as a symmetrical bell-shaped graph.
- ‘All effects were drawn as random effects from normal distributions with appropriate variances.’
- ‘For a profession whose statistical underpinnings in empirical research are most comfortably based on normal distributions, this skewed distribution begs investigation.’
- ‘Two qualities of a normal distribution graph are skinny ‘tails’ and perfect symmetry.’
- ‘None of the histograms suggest multimodal distributions and tests of normality indicate normal distributions.’
- ‘This specimen was eliminated from the analyses because the normal distribution requirement of the statistical test was not met.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.