One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A function that represents the distribution of many random variables as a symmetrical bell-shaped graph.
- ‘All effects were drawn as random effects from normal distributions with appropriate variances.’
- ‘Two qualities of a normal distribution graph are skinny ‘tails’ and perfect symmetry.’
- ‘None of the histograms suggest multimodal distributions and tests of normality indicate normal distributions.’
- ‘This specimen was eliminated from the analyses because the normal distribution requirement of the statistical test was not met.’
- ‘For a profession whose statistical underpinnings in empirical research are most comfortably based on normal distributions, this skewed distribution begs investigation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.