Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A woman's breast.
chest, bosom, breastsView synonyms
- ‘She had the second biggest norks in the school, and watching her take part in Sports Day was a joy to behold for myself and my fellow teen perverts.’
- ‘The day spa experience girls have some very nice norks, I wonder how many of them are real.’
- ‘She had huge norks, a tight jumper and really, really tight jeans, and tonight would be the night that I would be the manly man and make my move.’
- ‘It's not often that a girl gets the opportunity to have an in-depth look at her own norks, but I did today.’
- ‘I think the best way to die would be to be suffocated by a big pair of norks, just picture the look of pure bliss forever on a man's face!’
1960s: of unknown origin.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.