One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A postulated sphere or stage of evolutionary development dominated by consciousness, the mind, and interpersonal relationships.‘creatures evolve: a new biosphere emerges, and with it a new noosphere’
- ‘They were the most intelligent animals of their time, but they never developed the use of tools or a memetic noosphere.’
- ‘Humans add a formalized degree of consciousness to the morphic field - the noosphere - and, more importantly, a frequency of imagination.’
- ‘The appearance of man in evolutionary history marks the emergence of self-consciousness and has added to the earth, superimposed as it were upon the biosphere, a new dimension, the noosphere, or domain of thought.’
- ‘Perhaps this, in turn, can slowly transform the memesphere into what Pierre Teilhard de Chardin calls the noosphere, the realm not just of collective mind, but also collective consciousness.’
- ‘He foresaw some immense consequences, mostly of the positive kind, that the appearance and development of the noosphere entailed for mankind.’
1940s: from French noösphere, based on Greek noos ‘mind’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.