One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
midday, twelve noon, twelve midday, twelve o'clock, high noon, noontime, noonday, twelve hundred, twelve hundred hours, one-two-double-oView synonyms
- ‘When noontime came, he noticed that Tiffany was still working.’
- ‘About noontime, I called him and told him I was ready.’
- ‘As the morning eased into noontide, the sun shining on the crops of the farms that they passed by, Eleanor's brooding, pensive mood lifted a bit.’
- ‘At noontime, even during Ramadan, the streets bustle with people doing their shopping and children spilling out of school buses.’
- ‘When noontime came someone knocked at the door.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.