One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A simple restaurant where Asian noodle dishes are served.‘she worked as a waitress in a city centre noodle bar’
- ‘The Udon Noodle bar is ideal for those who like their food in big quantities.’
- ‘There's a noodle bar upstairs with communal tables for a quick lunch or early supper.’
- ‘To get acquainted with this charming district, packed with shops crammed with trinkets, family-style noodle bars, elegant Chinese restaurants, art galleries and museums, take a walking tour.’
- ‘The latest addition to Glasgow's burgeoning noodle bar scene, Soba is without peer when it comes to slick decor and extremely snappy service.’
- ‘As a friend and I mounted our regulation 1960s Chinese bicycles and began to ride off towards the nearest noodle bar, he told me the one rule I must obey when cycling in China: just keep looking forward.’
- ‘The magistrates heard that he had worked at the noodle bar for five months, but his English was poor and communication with his colleagues was very limited.’
- ‘We ate breakfast at a little noodle bar at what must have been six in the morning.’
- ‘Why don't you begin to learn how to use chopsticks right away so you can act like a pro in noodle bars?’
- ‘Josie's was closing down at the end of the year to make way for a yet another noodle bar.’
- ‘The 34-year-old actor had a sense of humour failure when two fans tried to chat to him at a noodle bar in Soho.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.