One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is inexperienced in a particular sphere or activity, especially computing or the use of the Internet.
- ‘I'll start by explaining a little background information for all the noobs who didnt watch the cartoon series.’
- ‘Any noob can tell you this is not the way if you want to motivate your students to study hard and do well.’
- ‘That being said, I'm such a noob for not finding that article by myself.’
- ‘We are such noobs.’
- ‘More levels would be cool, finding new ways to take noobs to school on different levels is always the tops, but right now it rocks the potty with just one.’
- ‘Being a noob, I forgot to print out the map.’
- ‘Also slightly unexpected is that of those surveyed, almost 30 percent were total Apple noobs, while 40 percent had never owned an iPod before.’
- ‘It was a jungle when fresh graduates and wet-behind-the-ears geeks, noobs and dorks or what you will found their niche or felt outwitted by the more intelligent of the species.’
- ‘It took me ages to find out how Illustrator worked; I still consider me a noob after 5 years.’
- ‘But we still think you're a noob.’
- ‘Social Development goes to a noob who seems to have never said a thing on the topic, while Labour is ranked bottom of the Cabinet.’
- ‘Anyhow, every month all of our schools get newsletters that come with teaching tips and how-to-survive-in-Japan tips for noobs like me.’
Early 21st century: from newbie.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.