One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a casually calm and relaxed manner.‘she nonchalantly walked out of the police station’‘I shrugged nonchalantly’
- ‘"So, where's Andrew?" Sam asked nonchalantly.’
- ‘We saw her wandering nonchalantly across the car park.’
- ‘He was standing very nonchalantly, his hands tucked into the pockets of his pants.’
- ‘With their sloppy mise en scène and nonchalantly written scenario, they have given feminist filmmaking a bad name.’
- ‘"It was all right," he replied nonchalantly.’
- ‘Alain was leaning nonchalantly against a tree, smoking his battered pipe.’
- ‘He was nonchalantly smoking a cigarette.’
- ‘Smiling sweetly, he restricted himself to one-word answers before picking up his book and strolling nonchalantly away.’
- ‘I was wearing a leather jacket, with a red scarf nonchalantly dangling around my neck.’
- ‘Jake shrugged nonchalantly, prudently ignoring Daniel's stupid comment.’
- ‘Nonchalantly, I turned my head and browsed through the rack behind me.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.