One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a positive or negative value; not equal to zero.‘an extremely small but non-zero chance’
- ‘In the model tests it was found that some rows and columns had a larger number of zero values than non-zero values.’
- ‘The principal quantum number n may have any positive, non-zero integer value.’
- ‘The dye level for ventral bundles also rose initially to a maximum value, but dropped exponentially to a non-zero final value.’
- ‘If there is one underlying process of change, we expect that the increments will converge to a specific, non-zero value, and the distribution will show a unimodal shape with one peak.’
- ‘The tiny non-zero value of the effective cosmological constant is hard to understand using traditional particle physics arguments.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.