One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not having or using a vote.‘a non-voting delegate’
- ‘Democratic Party officials came up with a compromise, with the Freedom Democrats being given just two non-voting seats.’
- ‘They have a non-voting delegate in the House, but making deals for votes is often how the House does business.’
- ‘He became a non-voting member of the Communist Central Committee in 1945, and was elevated to full membership in 1949.’
- ‘Its constitution permitted others to join and made provision for voting and non-voting members.’
- ‘There was a non-voting member of the House of Representatives from 1992.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.