One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Although non-volatile, aerosols may be inhaled.’
- ‘They contain the volatile as well as non-volatile components of the herb or spice.’
- ‘Distillation has been used widely to separate volatile components from non-volatile compounds.’
- ‘It never, at any time, exists in a non-volatile physical medium.’
- ‘The interactions between volatile and non-volatile flavour compounds could, however, play an important role in the rate of flavour release.’
- 1.1Computing (of a computer's memory) retaining data even if there is a break in the power supply.
- ‘These attacks attempt to gain access to the secrets stored in volatile and non-volatile memories.’
- ‘Placing the cache in non-volatile Flash memory near to the hard drive solves the problem.’
- ‘Using non-volatile memory also means the data isn't lost if the power cuts out at any time.’
- ‘The flash memory is non-volatile, so the data will not be lost when the device is unplugged from your notebook or desktop.’
- ‘The image normalization data is stored in non-volatile memory where it can be transmitted to a host processor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.