Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not involving or using words or speech.‘forms of non-verbal communication’
- ‘They are also likely to give verbal or non-verbal cues.’
- ‘The performances are particularly commendable because the actors communicate so much about their characters in a non-verbal way.’
- ‘My real passion lies with non-verbal circus performance as I believe it's the only international theatre.’
- ‘We are all aware that a lot of interpersonal communication occurs through non-verbal gestures.’
- ‘It's no revelation that families talk to each other in unique ways, quite often in a non-verbal manner.’
- ‘Are you sending a non-verbal message that supports your words?’
- ‘Remember the importance of non-verbal communication.’
- ‘Most communication between people is non-verbal.’
- ‘It understands and explores the world through touch, and it has a vast repertoire of non-verbal forms of communication.’
- ‘The non-verbal cues given during a face-to-face meeting will not come across in an electronic survey.’
- ‘Released at the height of the space race, it's a non-verbal visual experience and features four episodes.’
- ‘You need not even make the effort; non-verbal signals will do the job for you.’
- ‘It's about a mindset and a lifestyle, and the non-verbal aspects of them.’
- ‘Practice will help you improve how you speak as well as your use of non-verbal communication.’
- ‘A non-verbal piece, it has been choreographed to a dramatic score by musician and sound designer, Sawan Dutta.’
- ‘The translator must pay special attention to the non-verbal aspects of communication.’
- ‘Sufferers have difficulty forming social relationships, problems with verbal and non-verbal communication and a lack of imagination.’
- ‘In many situations, non-verbal communication based on signing and body language was all that was possible.’
- ‘While she was testifying, Ms. Azar watched Mr. Jalakh carefully, trying to pick up his verbal and non-verbal cues.’
- ‘Cultural differences would have some impact on Salem's ability to read people, but apparently much non-verbal communication is universal.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.