Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The quality of not being logically or factually sound.‘the time had come to test the validity or non-validity of my hypothesis’
invalidity, non-validityView synonyms
- ‘Reason can merely give what is implied by objects perceived, and has no authority whatever in determining the validity or non-validity of perception.’
- ‘Discovery of the reality is up to the reader through their own research and work to ascertain the validity or non-validity of the information presented here.’
- ‘The validity or non-validity of this position will no doubt become clearer as time passes and judgments mature.’
- ‘To overcome the difficulties raised by possible multiple interaction points and the nonvalidity of Bell's assumption, we propose a multi- "bead-and-spring" model to describe the detachment of proteins or cells from a surface by AFM type experiments.’
- ‘Heisenberg states that the nonvalidity of rigorous causality is necessary and not just consistently possible.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.