One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not uniform, regular, or constant; varying.‘the strain is non-uniform across the cross section’‘a non-uniform pricing scheme’
asymmetrical, uneven, crooked, misshapen, lopsided, contorted, twistedView synonyms
- ‘However, the data do not exclude the possibility of non-uniform lateral extension of the sequence.’
- ‘The color of Epimetheus in this view appears to vary in a non-uniform way across the different facets of the moon's irregular surface.’
- ‘During the early growth stages in rice, the occurrence of low-temperature stress affects seed germination and eventually leads to non-uniform crop maturation.’
- ‘He says the ironies, the paradoxes, of the normalization of the Mars orbit and the other orbits, show that we have an elliptical orbit, with constantly non-uniform action.’
- ‘The rate of the planet's motion, along the elliptical pathway, was constantly non-uniform.’
- ‘The delivery order need not be so rigid but the driver must be aware of the non-uniform loading which the vehicle undergoes in such situations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.