One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a restriction to trade) not involving a tax or duty.‘the agreements also reduced non-tariff barriers to trade’
- ‘The removal of non-tariff barriers to trade is sometimes described as trade liberalization.’
- ‘Governments have frequently resorted to the use of non-tariff barriers in the belief that trade protection is sometimes in their interests.’
- ‘The long phase-in period for Aussie beef and the tiny non-tariff opening for Down Under dairy did not satisfy many in the U.S. livestock industry either.’
- ‘The movement of goods is also affected by a wide range of non-tariff barriers.’
- ‘While the EU has a common external tariff, each member can maintain its own non-tariff trade barriers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.